Sunday, March 5, 2017

Spring...

I leave the office!

5:20 on Friday evening and and I feel like I got some work done.

I pause a moment in the lobby.

I need cash and I have a decision to make.

I can either go down to the food court, get cash from the No-name ATM and pay a transaction fee or I can walk 3 blocks left in the wind to my own bank.

I tuck my scarf into my coat so it covers my neck.

I wish I can put my hands in my coat pockets too, but I'm carrying this huge binder from the training program I attended that morning in one hand and leftovers from the Thai food I had for lunch in the other.

Luckily, a homeless man curled up on the sidewalk, graciously accepts the leftovers.

I wonder why the ATM area at the bank is filled with policemen!

I find it funny that every single one of them is busy looking at his phone.

It's a 6-block walk back to my parking garage.

I transfer the binder to my right hand so my left can have some respite.

The attendant at the parking garage is happy with the 20.

Still, there's a long line of cars on the street and to turn right, I'm at their mercy.

The Parkway looks rather empty!

I make a couple of phone calls even as I weave through Race Street.

I chance upon the sky as I approach the Ben Franklin bridge.

I'm surprised, it's almost 6 pm and there's still light!

It makes me smile...

Soon, it'll be Spring.

No comments: